[ANN] vlc 0.2.61

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri Feb 16 11:06:43 CET 2001

   We are proud to announce version 0.2.61 of the VideoLAN Client,
mostly a bugfix release. The binary Debian and RPM packages are back as
well.

   Major changes:

  * CSS code enhancements which should fix a few DVD playback issues.
  * plain X11 support for those who do not want to use SDL.
  * the Gnome interface is now drag'n'drop-aware, like Xine's main window is.
  * minor filename magic to guess input format.
  * miscellaneous bugs fixed and a few segfaults mercilessly eradicated

   You can download 0.2.61 via HTTP or FTP:

      http://www.videolan.org/download.html
      ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.2.60/

   Debian and RPM packages can be found on the FTP site as well. I would
like to thank Chris Tracy <ctracy at adiemus.org> for the time he spent
building and testing the RPMs.

For the VideoLAN team,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \