[ANN] vlc 0.2.62

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Feb 21 02:39:22 CET 2001

   We are proud to announce version 0.2.62 of the VideoLAN Client. It
is mostly a bugfix release for the Unix version, but there are great
news for our fellow BeOS users: 0.2.62 has been ported, and now features
drag'n'drop and CSS decryption !

   Major changes:

  * Glide, GGI and Linux framebuffer modules are back.
  * The SDL module autodetects hardware acceleration.
  * Some reported problems about DVD parsing have been resolved.
  * Enhanced AC3 decoder.
  * BeOS port with drag'n'drop and CSS decryption.
  * As always, bugs fixed here and there.

   You can download 0.2.62 via HTTP or FTP:

      http://www.videolan.org/download.html
      ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.2.62/

   Debian and RPM packages can be found on the FTP site as well. Thanks
again to Chris Tracy <ctracy at adiemus.org> for the RPMs.

For the VideoLAN team,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \