[ANN] VLANserver 0.0.1 Release

Damien Lucas nitrox at via.ecp.fr
Tue May 1 00:27:21 CEST 2001

The VLAN server is now released. This is the server which enables you
to change the channel of a client. This is a workaround for networks
which are not multicast capable. For more questions about what this
server is doing please read the FAQ first.

We have to make you aware that this server is NOT secure, that means
that we are not responsible if you get troubles with it. Because
of this security problems please do not make any binary or packages !

If you want to debug any help is welcome but be aware that we are also
developping another one from scratch which will have more features and
be more secure.

You can dowload the source of the VLAN server in a tar.gz via HTTP or
FTP
at :

  http://www.videolan.org/pub/vlcs/0.0.1/VLANserver.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlcs/0.0.1/VLANserver.tar.gz

If you have any question mail us at : vlcs at videolan.org

Have a nice day.

For the VideoLAN team.

--