[Rudolf Cornelissen <rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net>] current VLC versions with BeOS problems...

Richard Shepherd richard at rshepherd.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 22:30:25 CEST 2001

I have had a lot of problems since the latest commits.

input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/1/master/0/raw
css error: drive would not authenticate
dvd error: fatal failure in CSS

This error repeats ad infinitum but sometimes (very rarely) the disk
manages to play.
I think it may have to do with the most recent dvd_ioctl.c changes to
BeOS.
Can someone get the dvd_ioctl.c for me from the last release?

>----- Forwarded message from Rudolf Cornelissen
<rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net> -----

>From: Rudolf Cornelissen <rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net>
>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:23:55 +0000
>To: polux at via.ecp.fr
>Subject: current VLC versions with BeOS problems...
>
>platform BeOS
>
>Hello! Jean Marc Dresler;
>
>Since a week ago I get the following message if i try to play a coded
disk:
>(or VLC just crashes..)
>I tried most of the versions 'released' since then...
>
>css error: drive would not authenticate
>dvd error: fatal failure in CSS
>
>The same videolan version does function with this DVD in Linux without
>problems...
>So I suspect there's a malfunction in the BeOS part somewhere.
>
>The last version which does work with beos and the above DVD disc is
(no
>problem at all):
>
>vlc-snapshot-20010404-00.tar.gz
>
>every version which was placed as snapshot on the webpage since then
does NOT
>function with BeOS.
>I noticed a small drop in file size since this version... ?
>
>Non-coded disks like dances with wolves have no problem. I can view
them just
>like I could once view coded disks with the VLC... (My drive is RPC-1
>officially: Pioneer 6x DVD pre 1 jan 2000 ATAPI drive). Did you or
someone
>else change something regarding this or something??)
>
>Can you please forward this to the right person who might know what to
do
>with this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Rudolf Cornelissen.
>(Hoping for a useable VLC with BeOS soon...)
>

>----- End forwarded message -----

Richard Shepherd