[Rudolf Cornelissen <rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net>] current VLC versions with BeOS problems...

Jean-Marc Dressler Jean-Marc.Dressler at via.ecp.fr
Tue Apr 10 20:01:02 CEST 2001

----- Forwarded message from Rudolf Cornelissen <rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net> -----

From: Rudolf Cornelissen <rag.cornelissen at inter.nl.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:23:55 +0000
To: polux at via.ecp.fr
Subject: current VLC versions with BeOS problems...

platform BeOS

Hello! Jean Marc Dresler;

Since a week ago I get the following message if i try to play a coded disk:
(or VLC just crashes..)
I tried most of the versions 'released' since then...

css error: drive would not authenticate
dvd error: fatal failure in CSS

The same videolan version does function with this DVD in Linux without
problems...
So I suspect there's a malfunction in the BeOS part somewhere.

The last version which does work with beos and the above DVD disc is (no
problem at all):

vlc-snapshot-20010404-00.tar.gz

every version which was placed as snapshot on the webpage since then does NOT
function with BeOS.
I noticed a small drop in file size since this version... ?

Non-coded disks like dances with wolves have no problem. I can view them just
like I could once view coded disks with the VLC... (My drive is RPC-1
officially: Pioneer 6x DVD pre 1 jan 2000 ATAPI drive). Did you or someone
else change something regarding this or something??)

Can you please forward this to the right person who might know what to do
with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rudolf Cornelissen.
(Hoping for a useable VLC with BeOS soon...)

----- End forwarded message -----