sudden CSS-errors in BeOS/0.2.70

Gregor Rosenauer rosenauer at gmx.at
Thu Apr 12 15:40:05 CEST 2001

Hello,

I'm experiencing some issue lately with vlc/BeOS and I've been told it's
best to report the problem here:

This is really strange - I had no problems with watching DVDs under BeOS
5.0.3/x86, always compiled the latest CVS-sources, and then suddenly VLC
stopped working, also *older* builds I had backed up gave me an error:

$ vlc --warn 0
Signature in rsrc doesn't match constructor arg.
(application/x-VLC,application/x-vnd.Ink-vlc)
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.70 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf error: `--warning' is deprecated, use `-v' <= my fault;)
intf: playlist initialized
module: module bank initialized
module: browsing .
module: browsing /boot/home/apps/vlc/lib
module: dynamic module `beos', BeOS standard API module
module: dynamic module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: dynamic module `dvd-css', full DVD input module with CSS decryption
module: dynamic module `idct', IDCT module
module: dynamic module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: dynamic module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: dynamic module `motion', motion compensation module
module: dynamic module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: dynamic module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: dynamic module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input module
module: dynamic module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input module
module: dynamic module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: dynamic module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: browsing /usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc
module: locking module `beos'
intf: interface initialized
module: locking module `beos'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
aout info: audio output thread 386 spawned
module: locking module `beos'
wished configuration: 720x576, 15/16 bpp (1440 Bpl)
actual configuration: 720x576, 16/16 bpp (1440 Bpl), masks:
0xf800/0x7e0/0x1f
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
module: hiding unused module `yuv'
module: hiding unused module `ts'
module: hiding unused module `ps'
module: hiding unused module `null'
module: hiding unused module `motionmmx'
module: hiding unused module `motion'
module: hiding unused module `idctmmx'
module: hiding unused module `idctclassic'
module: hiding unused module `idct'
module: hiding unused module `dvd-css'
module: hiding unused module `dummy'
intf: added `dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/1/slave/0/raw' to playlist
module: locking module `dvd-css'
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/1/slave/0/raw
dvd info: netlist initialized
ifo info: vmg initialized
css info: GetASF not authenticated
css info: need to authenticate
css info: requesting AGID 1
css info: drive authentic, using variant 5
css info: authentication established
css info: received session key
css info: GetASF not authenticated
css info: need to get disc key
css info: GetASF authenticated
css info: successfully authenticated
dvd info: css initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 37
ifo info: vts 2 initialized
css info: found enough occurencies of the same key.
css info: title 2, key E1 69 10 16 99
css info: vts key initialized
dvd error: can't find cell
dvd error: can't find title end
module: unlocking module `dvd-css'
module: locking module `dvd-css'
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/1/slave/0/raw
[=START=]	<= see below
dvd info: netlist initialized
ifo info: vmg initialized
css info: GetASF authenticated
css info: already authenticated
dvd info: css initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 37
ifo info: vts 2 initialized
css info: found enough occurencies of the same key.
css info: title 2, key E1 69 10 16 99
css info: vts key initialized
dvd error: can't find cell
dvd error: can't find title end
module: unlocking module `dvd-css'
module: locking module `dvd-css'
input: opening dvd:/dev/disk/ide/atapi/1/slave/0/raw
[ goto =START=]

This repeats until I give up.
I've recently changed *nothing* but my gfx-card (from Riva128 to
RadeonVE:^), so now I have to use VESA-mode ATM until a new BeOS-driver
comes out, but that should not cause CSS-errors IMO.
Then I enabled dual-display-mode in Win2000, and now I can watch even
BeOS on my TV, too,-)
Again, I don't see why this could confuse vlc/CSS...

In Win2k, DVD-playback works (although there's a problem with TV-output
then).

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I cannot watch DVDs on my TV
anywhere ATM, and it would be absolutely great to do that from BeOS...

Kind Regards,
Gregor

PS: Could you please add the Chapter/Title-menu to the BeOS-port, as well?