basic win32 port

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Apr 26 16:21:11 CEST 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001, Xavier Marchesini wrote:

> Errr ... we had in mind to compile the port of the VLC with Bcc compiler
> or Visual C compiler (looks like it's an old "troll" here :)).

   Yeah, an old troll indeed. :-)

> Actually, we planned to make an entire new branch of the project, ie a
> vlc-windows repository in the CVS, so we wouldn't need to put so many
> #ifdef in the code.

   Well, consider the work Gildas has done, it has required no major
code additions and it already works. As for the additional #ifdefs,
there are only 21 of them, which is acceptable, and I plan to drop this
number down to about 10.

   Honestly, are there any real advantages in forking the repository ?

   (prepare yourself for the next episodes of our saga: why use DirectX
since SDL is already done ? why use MSVC since gcc works ?)

--
Sam.