Mac OS X

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Sat Aug 4 20:00:46 CEST 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 06:23:51AM +0100, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> You are talking about yuv->rgb conversion... Can't you use YUV overlay on
> MacosX? this way the conversion would be done in hardware.
Hi

sorry for answering twice...

Where can I find detailed information about YUV-formats?

If i recall correctly, the transformatin from yuv to rgb is

r = y*a11 * u*a12 * v*a13
g = y*a21 * u*a22 * v*a23
b = y*a31 * u*a32 * v*a33

addidiontally, when storing images in YUV, you can ommit e.g. the u & v
information for every second line, since the human eye has a lower
"resolution" regarding differences in color than it has regarding
differences in brightness.

I am wondering, if gamma-correction (which can be applied to images with
macosx - at least when using quickdraw) couldn't be used for some "pseudo
yuv rendering"

greetings, Florian Pflug