Mac OS X

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Aug 6 12:44:06 CEST 2001

Hello,

I'm really glad some people are working on the MacOS X port. If you need
anything, don't hesitate...

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Is there a possibility to find out what the performace bottleneck is
> exactly? Could be dvd-decoding (none of the modules like idct are optimized
> for g3), or yuv->rgb conversion, or writing the output into video memory.

The biggest bottleneck is probably the yuv->rgb conversion, along with
the display, which can be both enhanced with YUV overlay. It can account
for more than a third of the whole processing time...

--
Christophe Massiot.