Mac OS X

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Mon Aug 6 21:22:00 CEST 2001

> The biggest bottleneck is probably the yuv->rgb conversion, along with
> the display, which can be both enhanced with YUV overlay. It can account
> for more than a third of the whole processing time...

I wanted to see how fast things would be when the yuv->rgb transformation
was skipped. As far as I understand yuv, the Y-part is the luminace of the
pixel, and I should therefore get a b&w-picture if I just set the r, g and b
values of a pixel to the Y-value.

I wrote a short function doing that, and set v_out->b_need_renderer to "0".
But vlc still writes "locking module yuv" - do I have to do anything else to
disable software yub->rgb transformation?

greetings, Florian Pflug