New member !

Jon Lech Johansen jon at nanocrew.net
Tue Aug 28 01:14:06 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 07:40:37PM +0100, Gildas Bazin (gbazin at netcourrier.com) wrote:

> I also don't think you will be able to compile the accelerated plugins for
> vlc with VC6++, because these plugins contain inline assembly code in gcc
> style syntax. (Jon can you confirm this ?)

Correct. We could ofcourse rewrite these plugins for nasm, but I think
it would be a waste of time in our current situation. Mingw32 is and
should be our (official) release compiler for the win32 platform. The
only reason I'm not using it while developing is that gdb for win32 is
*very* buggy.

I've put up a snapshot which includes a vc++ project at:
http://nanocrew.net/vlc/vlc-snapshot-20010827.zip

Just the project (and suitable config.h, defs.h and
modules_builtin.h) is available at:
http://nanocrew.net/vlc/vlc-vcpp.zip

Sorry for the delay, been busy.

--