libdvdcss api inconsistency

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jul 5 11:26:38 CEST 2001

Hi,

I would just like to point out an inconsistency in the libdvdcss api.
On http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss/api.html it's written that dvdcss_read() returns the number of bytes read, but the actual code returns the number of blocks read (which is more logical anyway).

Another thing: if dvdcss_read() cannot read as many blocks as asked, it will return the number of blocks actually read, but will not decrypt them. Is it really wanted ? I mean, if you read the last sectors of a dvd, you still want them to be decoded ??

PS: the same comments apply for dvdcss_readv()

Regards,

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)