need a nice way to handle interruption in input stream

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Jul 10 17:17:20 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001, Chris Worley wrote:
> >    VLS is only on the server side ;
>
> That's why it's not a good solution -- we'd have to run it on the
> client side.

   Why can't you use VLS on the server side instead of using mplexer ?

> In this case, the html would be generated locally (out the mplexer,
> into vlc).  Really, just a short HTML preamble (declaring the
> following data as mpeg) to the Program Stream.

   This would be useless and would only add complexity to the /dev/stdin
method. Under Win32 you'd need a netcat equivalent anyway, so you best
bet would be to code a network input into vlc which would accept a
stream sent by mplexer.

--
Sam.