SDL on Mac OS X

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Fri Jul 27 23:25:10 CEST 2001

Hi

I have played a little with vlc on mac os x (my first idea was to help
developing the mac os x kernel module to support encrypted dvds, but I still
don't really understand how the io-kit works).

I also tried playing an unencrypted dvd, which worked, but is terrible slow
(at least on my g3/350).

I wondered if using the sdl on mac os x would help - I tried compiling vlc
with sdl on mac os x, but I have not gotten it to work yet (just getting bus
errors and segfaults).

Is the sdl-output-plugin in vlc highly linux specific, or is there a chance
to use the sdl on mac os x too? I would like to do this port (or at least
help doing it), but I'd like to hear someone's opinion about how difficult
this is gonna be.

greetings, Florian Pflug