[ANN] vlc 0.2.81
sam at zoy.org
Sat Jul 28 05:20:31 CEST 2001
Sorry for this long month without a release, but holidays kept the
VideoLAN team busy coding and it was hard to find the time to freeze
everything in order to release. Here, at last, comes version 0.2.81 of
vlc, with an astounding amount of bug fixes.
* New libdvdcss version; vlc now natively uses libdvdcss.
* Various performance enhancements, more than 10% on some platforms.
* LPCM support.
* MPEG video Elementary Stream support.
* DVD playback enhancements.
* Win32 DirectX enhancements and network support.
* QNX video and audio output support.
* Lots of bugfixes, as usual.
A few most annoying historical bugs have been fixed, among them:
* The "screen remains black" bug when using gcc 2.96 or gcc 3.0.
* The XFree "BadAccess" bug under FreeBSD and Solaris.
* The "X eats more and more CPU" bug.
* The "displayed time is wrong when playing a DVD" bug.
You can view the complete changelog for this release at
You can download 0.2.81 via HTTP or FTP:
Binaries are available for Debian x86. Builds for other architectures
and distributions are welcome and can be uploaded to our incoming
For the VideoLAN team,
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \
perl -ne 's/\.//g; print pack("H224",$1) if(/^x([^z]*)/)' | gunzip
More information about the vlc-devel