Yet another release suggestion

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Jun 5 06:27:37 CEST 2001

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> If you plan to advertise the semi-completeness of the Win32 port in
> the next release, then it could be a good idea to include the DirectX
> plugin into the cvs. Anyway, this plugin have zero impact on the rest
> of the VLC. (What do you think of this Xavier ?)

   I spent the night testing vlc on various architectures, and it
seems like the DirectX plugin isn't yet mature enough to be included
by default (video output crashes, sound skips). It'll be in the 0.2.80
tarballs, but the binary release will use SDL until the DirectX version
becomes more polished.

--
Sam.