[ANN] vlc 0.2.80
sam at zoy.org
Tue Jun 5 06:55:41 CEST 2001
On the road to the stable 0.3.0 release, the VideoLAN team is proud
to announce version 0.2.80 of vlc. It's been a long time since last
release, because most students here are dealing with their end-of-year
duties, but there are a few excellent new things in this release
* A very promising Windows port, using the Gtk and SDL libraries.
* Network support is back.
* MMX and 3D Now! routines in the AC3 decoder.
* BeOS interface improvements, Gnome/Gtk interface merge.
* DVD support enhancements.
* Lots of bugfixes, as usual.
You can view the complete changelog for this release at
You can download 0.2.80 via HTTP or FTP:
Binaries are available for Debian x86, BeOS x86, and Windows. Builds
for other architectures and distributions are welcome and can be
uploaded to our incoming directory:
For the VideoLAN team,
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \
perl -ne 's/\.//g; print pack("H224",$1) if(/^x([^z]*)/)' | gunzip
More information about the vlc-devel