directx patch

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jun 7 08:12:23 CEST 2001

Hi,

I did some clean-up of the directx video output, here is the changelog:
- message handling functions have been cleaned and should be working as
expected now.
- we don't handle anymore the repainting of the window background, it's done
by windows. This background is important as it is filled with the overlay
colorkey.
- added the NONAMELESSUNION define, so the plugin should compile with other
compilers such as MSVC.
- mouse is hidden after 2 seconds of inactivity.

That's it.

They are a few issues which haven't been fixed yet:
- crash when starting: I cannot reproduce this bug so I don't know how to fix
it.
- if you enable the "show full window when dragging" option in Windows
display properties, then when you move the window the overlay surface is not
updated as it should (it doesn't follow the window moves).
- if you move part of the window outside of the physical display area then
the overlay surface is not updated.

I would appreciate if people could test the directx plugin and give me some
feedback. (you can have debug output if you run the vlc with the -vvv option).

Cheers,

--
Gildas

-- Type: text/x-c