[rosenauer at gmx.at: Re: vlc/BeOS: Debugger Call and questions]

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Mar 17 14:14:56 CET 2001

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001, you wrote:

> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `include/intf_plst.h', needed by `.dep/src/interface/main.d'.  Stop.
> > make: *** [.dep/src/interface/main.d] Error 2
>
> So I searchd the include-directory and found a file "intf_playlist.h",
> linked that to "intf_plst.h" and - voilá, it worked!
> So it seems to be a little typo, if you could please fix that...

   It's not a typo. When the makefile changes during a cvs update, you
have to run "make distclean ; ./configure" before compiling again.

   Alternatively, removing the ".deps" directory may fix your problem,
but "make distclean" is always safer.

> BTW when is chapter-support scheduled? I'd really appreciate a menu
> showing the chapters and allowing for quick navigation...

   Chapter selection is in the vlc core. The BeOS interface just doesn't
have support for it yet.

   You can still use the "-T <title>" and "-t <chapter>" flags to select
the location when launching vlc. Not extremely user-friendly, but it's
probably better than nothing for the moment.

   Note that the vlc-devel list is open to outside postings for the
moment, so you can post to it even if not subscribed. However, this may
change in the future as we recently got an unusual amount of spam to
this address.

Regards,
--
Sam.