Latest build

Shane Harper shanegh at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 12 08:06:39 CEST 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:
> I tried building last nights cvs commits.
>
> Today's version compiles fine (I just do ./configure followed by make).
> However, the program won't play dvds now.
> Either way, could someone describe to me what the problem is, or at least,
> what the constant cycling means?

I've been able to play DVDs with the latest CVS version of vlc. However, I
often experience the problem you had (even with old versions of vlc). On a
few occasions I've tried to "mount /dev/dvd" after this has occurred and
mount has always failed. Sometimes ejecting the DVD and then putting it back
in seems to fix the problem (otherwise, a reboot seems to work).

I suspect I have a faulty DVD drive (sometimes Windoze tells me there's no
disc in my drive when there really is a disc inserted). It'd be nice if vlc
could handle not being able to read a DVD in a better way.

Shane.