Which compiler for the Win32 port ?

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Tue May 22 12:41:17 CEST 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001, Xavier Marchesini wrote:
> My opinion is that we SHOULD use only one compiler. T

Though I'm not working on the win32 port, I think we should try to stay
as generic as possible. Being dependant on a compiler isn't a good idea.

Some people already complained about our dependance on GNU make.

Nevertheless, if we choose to work with one compiler, it MUST be a free
one. One must be able to build the vlc with free tools, if they exist
-which is the case- even under a commercial OS.

>  - Babal is going to work on the Network Input.

Not much work here : adapt 2 ioctl and get the MAC address.

--
henri