Which compiler for the Win32 port ?

Marc ARIBERTI marcari at via.ecp.fr
Tue May 22 12:39:50 CEST 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001, Xavier Marchesini wrote:
> That's why I think we must use only one compiler. I can have a license
> for MSVC, so I can use it, there are no problems with it. Gildas, can
> you work with Visual ?
I think that using MSVC causes an 'ethical' problem, because we want to
spread the VideoLAN project as GPL so that anyone can make it
evolve for free. If we impose a non-free compiler it could slow down
the evolution of the vlc.

I don't want to say :
'take the source code, it's free ! But buy the compiler'

I'm not a vlc developper but I wanted to tell my opinion on this.
--
Marc ARIBERTI
marcari at via.ecp.fr