vcd Input plugin.

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Nov 12 02:12:18 CET 2001

À (At) 20:02 +1000 9/11/01, Tony Castley écrivait (wrote) :

>Is there any plans to get this plugin to work with other platforms.
>I only ask since it inlcudes
>linux/cdrom.h .

As usual, the VCD plug-in is intended to be ported on every supported
platform. VCD plug-in in VLC 0.2.91 will be labeled as experimental
and "Linux-only" (though it also works on BSD/OS). For the next
version, we intend to have an abstraction layer à la libdvdcss for
ioctl calls. What we haven't decided yet is whether we integrate this
layer to libdvdcss, or write a new libvcd library.

>I would like to have this working under BeOS.
>What calls are required from cdrom.h?  I may be able to implement
>BeOS versions of them.

That would be great.

--
Christophe Massiot.