One more IP Multicast related modification

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Oct 2 19:16:42 CEST 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001, Mathias Kretschmer wrote:

> I've attached a patch for input.c and would appreciate if it would make
> it into the CVS tree.

I have just checked it in.

> Also, I'd like to find out what people's interests are regarding the
> streaming capabilities of 'vlc'.

Video streaming is a strong asset of VLC, and we're currently using it
on our network.

> Issues I'm interested in include:
>
>   - Loss Resilience

Hmmm what else do you want to do ?

>   - RTP compliance (or a sequence number at the beginning of each UDP
> packet)

That would be great ! No one AFAIK is working on this.

>   - Encryption support for video conferences, etc.

It would be great, too. I heard some members of the VideoLAN team *might*
work on this in the future, but it's too soon to tell.

--
Christophe Massiot.