One more IP Multicast related modification

Michel LESPINASSE walken at zoy.org
Wed Oct 3 23:05:24 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:34:22PM +0200, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001, Mathias Kretschmer wrote:
> > A good mitigation scheme and FEC are essential to set up a scalable
> > distribution system over a (somewhat) lossy network. That's my focus.

> Oh we obviously don't have this.

I had looked at this in the past and can recommend a few pointers:

good general ressource about error correcting codes:
http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/morelos/ecc/codes.html

one algorithm that I think is the most interesting one (it only
handles packet loss not errors, but this is all we need on a network
and it is quite fast):
http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/fec.html

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
Of course I think I'm right. If I thought I was wrong, I'd change my mind.