iPAQ port

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Oct 16 23:49:09 CEST 2001

Hello friends,

Is anyone working on/interested in an iPAQ port for VLC ? I have
already started the work, it compiles and runs fine, but with poor
performance and no audio. What would need to be done is :

- Fix the audio decoding (I have ideas on this) ;
- Port a strongarm assembler version of the YUV transform (already
available in a GPL DivX player) ;
- Optionally write a specific interface (the current GTK interface
should run fine, but I don't think it is really well-suited for palm
devices) ;
- Finally write other specific optimizations (for instance for IDCT).

FYI I have set up a very experimental ipkg feed for familiar 0.5,
based on 0.2.90 and a stripped down version of SDL, without any
interface. For your ipkg.conf file :
ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/ipkg-feed/armv4l/

--
Christophe Massiot.