Decoder modularization - step 1

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 18 20:26:57 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> or something along these lines. dec_CreateThread is almost word for
> word our current vpar_CreateThread and friends, it spawnes the
> thread, allocates the data structures, etc. dec_Probe() is _the_ new
> piece of code to write, it replaces input_dec.c's kludge, and
> basically looks at p_es->i_type (and optionally CPU capabilities) to
> give a score.

Would dec_Create have to handle the thread's end & errors ?

I like the idea to keep many symbols such as dec_prepare, dec_init,
dec_decode, dec_end because it seems more modular. Notice that I have no
idea about what to do whith this modularity.

I'll do as you decide, I don't know the code enough to be able to
decide.

--
henri