Mac OS 10.1 Download - Thanks!

Eugenio Jarosiewicz ej0 at cise.ufl.edu
Sun Sep 30 05:13:57 CEST 2001

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> BTW: The divx-plugin which ran quite slow (approx. as fast as vlc) on 10.0.4
> runs perfektly on 10.1 - so getting vlc to run at 20-25 fps on my g3/350 now
> seems quite doable to me ;-)

Hmm, really?  Funny, perhaps because I didn't run the divc plugin on
10.0.4 I didn't notice the speed difference going to 10.1.  Alas, when
I compiled vlc with your changes I couldn't visually tell a
difference (not saying there wasn't).  Well, do you think we should
commit this into the cvs?  We finally now have working altivec idct
and motion compensation in the cvs ; unfortunately that doesn't help
all the g3 owners like us (I have a 350 also;-).

Also, I'm wondering if we could figure out how to use the DVD
framework?  (in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks) .  It looks like
they are tied into / use services of CoreGraphics & IOKit directly.

-ej

--
Eugenio Jarosiewicz	  ej0 at cise.ufl.edu	http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ej0
			* Funny how that works *