vlms ? vls [BUG?]

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Apr 8 12:44:33 CEST 2002

Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>

>>>Why use Xine when you can use VLC ? :-)
>>
>>To read a TS file from disk? Last time I checked that did not work.
>

>    Until 0.3.0 the '--input ts' flag was needed. Now vlc autodetects the
> file format and it should work properly.

I just checked vlc-0.3.0, recompiled it with ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local --enable-sdl --enable-dvd.

Vlc-0.3.0 fails to spawn a output window (e,g, sdl) when read a TS
stream through a network socket. The same happens when playing a *TS
file* from disk. The command issued is (and known variations of udpstream):

vlc -vvvvvv --vout sdl udpstream://localhost:4321@localhost:1234

Server and client are on the same machine. I use the same TS file for
streaming and reading from disk. It's origin is the DVB WinTV Nova card.

The last snapshot I tried works and is of date (7 March 2002). My
machine is RedHat 7.2 dual Pentium 1.7 GHz Xeon.

Question: Am I doing something wrong?

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199