vlms ? vls [BUG?]

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Apr 12 18:53:15 CEST 2002

Johan Bilien wrote:
 > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
 >
 >>How do I specify a program number when playing a TS from file ?
 >>Selecting it from the user interface "View|Program" does not work.
 >

 > You may try the --input_program option I just added. There is still a
 > problem with program selecting when reading a file : when the program
 > you want to read is not the first one you select, it does not work. I'm
 > working on this.
 >
 > For reading from a nova card, you may also try the new satellite input
 > (we need testers ;). Compile with --enable-satellite.

I did some simple test in vlc-0.3.0 stable, and a few bugs are found in
satellite input with WinTV Nova card:

*) switching programs at the same frequency makes vlc crash. It is
actually better in the latest cvs (today).
*) video and audio has artefacts (TS packets get dropped)
     --> possible problem fix make sure you read in multiples of 188 bytes
     from satelitte card *fast enough*.
     --> check *fast enough* with TS continuity counter (is in hex value)

Reading TS from file:
*) the --input_programs works from the commandline *good work* ;-)
*) from the user interface it does not work.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199