CVS Commit: vlc

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Apr 17 00:57:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> The problem is that we might not have any choice at all here.
>
> Ok, we can do what we want with memory buffers but I'm not sure it's wise
> to make the assumption that the stride for all the direct buffers will be
> identical. It should be in most cases, but I can already see a few cases
> were I'm pretty sure it won't be.

   Ok, what about this strategy then:
    - change the memory buffer allocation routines to add a stride or
     margin argument
    - in the video output plugin, stop creating direct buffers if we
     just created one which doesn't have the same stride as the first
     we created

   Frankly, I think all decoders should be allowed to assume all the
buffers they get have the same size. For the moment we only have MPEG,
but if/when we start supporting additional formats, we don't want to
have to kludge all decoders.

--
Sam.