videolanclient and iPAQ and Opie

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Sat Apr 27 01:24:34 CEST 2002

Hello,

À (At) 23:14 +0200 26/04/2002, Jean-Paul Saman écrivait (wrote) :

>  > I'm interested in the status of videolan for Opie. Is there
>already some work
>  > done? If so, how much needs still to be done?

I don't know what Opie is, but I understand it is some kind of
embedded system. I have first started the port on iPAQ familiar Linux
a few months ago, but since then I have quit my company and I can no
longer work on it, so that the ipkg isn't maintained any more. I hope
it still works on familiar, has anyone tested it recently ?

>- video decoder should be integer based, this probably needs a rewrite
>(needs guru)

The video decoder is already integer-based. A floating point
implementation would be far too slow, and video IDCT doesn't need to
be as accurate as audio... I even think we got rid of all floats in
VLC, except in the native MPEG and ac3 decoder. What were you
thinking of ?

--
Christophe Massiot.