videolanclient and iPAQ and Opie

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 26 23:14:02 CEST 2002

Christian Schaefer wrote:

> Hi Jean-Paul,
>
> I'm interested in the status of videolan for Opie. Is there already some work
> done? If so, how much needs still to be done?
>
> Regards,
> Christian

Nice to hear from you.

In short audio is working through mad decoder plugin (based on libmad).
There still needs to be done a great deal of work. Are you volunteering?

Here is a list:
- vout_qt video out renderer plugin based on qt-embedded 2.3.2 (at least
same version as opie)
- video decoder should be integer based, this probably needs a rewrite
(needs guru)
- user interface based on qt

The good work it does already work when you have a scalled down MPEG
stream. It can even take TS and HTTP streaming input over a wireless
link (WLAN).

Let me now and the vlc-devel list if you like to help with something.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.