the big modules changes

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Aug 1 11:50:40 CEST 2002

On Thursday 01 August 2002 11:10, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I suggest that before checking in the whole bazunga, you post
> > the result of find plugins -type d, so that we can comment before any
> > harm is done.
>
>    How about this:
>
>      access/dvd
>      arch/beos
>      arch/directx
>      arch/macosx
>      arch/qnx
>      arch/sdl
>      arch/win32

I'm not really sure putting things in "arch" is a good solution. It is
really misleading. That means you always have to look for a specific plugin
in two different places, first in the revelant category, then in arch.
arch/win32 is even more disputable because there really is only the
interface plugin in there so it should go into something like
"interface\win32".

>      audio_output/alsa
>      codec/ogg

ogg is not a codec, it is a demux.
And you should also add codec/vorbis and maybe later on codec/tarkin, etc

>      codec/spdif
>      visualization/scope
>      visualization/xosd

hmm, I don't think it makes sense to have a visualization directory. I'm not
sure about xosd, but scope should definitely go into audio_filter (it is
just an audio filter using a video output after all).

You also forgot the video filter plugins, but I suppose you want to put in
video_filter with a subdirectory for each filter (as you explained in your
first mail) ?

--
Gildas