mpeg 2, etc. Windows video player

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 24 08:54:12 CEST 2002

On Friday 23 August 2002 14:35, Michael_Engelbrecht at synco-biopartners.com
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded " for Windows: vlc-0.4.4-win32.exe" and the video is perfect.
But
> the audio is verry choppy (can't understand a word!). I read in the FAQ's
that
> this is a known problem, but have you solved it yet? or Is there a new
Windos
> version available which I can download instead?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Audio is very problematic in the currently released versions of VLC. The
audio handling has been completely rewritten in the current development
version and is way much better but this version won't be released before
some time.
In the meantime, you can maybe try to download the complete vlc-0.4.1-win32
package and try to use the SDL audio plugin to check if it improves things
for you.

Sorry not to be of better help,

--
Gildas