[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (sam)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Dec 6 22:15:25 CET 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 17:34, cvs at videolan.org wrote:
>   * ./configure.ac.in: removed -W in favour of -Wtraditional.

May I suggest not using -Wtraditional ?
When I compile vlc, I'm now flooded with silly messages like:

warning: suggest not using #elif in traditional C
warning: suggest hiding #error from traditional C with an indented #
warning: traditional C ignores #define with the # indented
warning: traditional C rejects automatic aggregate initialization
warning: traditional C rejects string concatenation
etc...

I really don't see what this flag adds anyway as there is no point in
supporting pre-standard C compilers.
See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Traditional-Mode.html

--
Gildas