[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (sam)

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Dec 7 16:37:18 CET 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:

> May I suggest not using -Wtraditional ?
> When I compile vlc, I'm now flooded with silly messages like:
>
> warning: suggest not using #elif in traditional C
> warning: suggest hiding #error from traditional C with an indented #
> warning: traditional C ignores #define with the # indented
> warning: traditional C rejects automatic aggregate initialization
> warning: traditional C rejects string concatenation

   I don't get any of these, which gcc version are you using? I agree
those errors are pretty useless though. Maybe we should only activate it
for gcc 2.x.

> I really don't see what this flag adds anyway as there is no point in
> supporting pre-standard C compilers.

   I found it useful because I didn't get any of the messages you are
reporting and it helped me spotting typos like this:

     if(foo); { blah(); }

--
Sam.