[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (babal)

Boris Dorès babal at via.ecp.fr
Sun Dec 15 15:02:07 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 10:55:36AM (GMT+0100), Gildas Bazin wrote:
> should require only a few lines of code and should also keep backward
> compatibility with the m3u format.
>
> On the other hand, using the m3u demuxer to restore the playlist might not
> be adequate enough for your needs, mainly because this m3u demuxer actually
> has to run on the m3u file to add its elements to the playlist.

  All right. So what about:
- saving the playlist as a m3u file (even if we cannot determine the
  content length from the playlist code) to work on a standard file
  format,
- moving as much as possible of the m3u.c file into src/playlist.c to
  avoid code duplication (I know it doesn't perfectly fit with the
  module philosophy, but I believe it's worse to try to use a specific
  module from the core: any suggestion welcome),
- and using this(these) new function(s) from m3u.c to read the input and
  from playlist.c to read a file to be able to adapt the behaviour to
  each case ?

  If it's ok with you, I'll do that tonight.

--
babal