[vlc-devel] $LANG and Mac OS X

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Sun Dec 29 02:11:25 CET 2002

Dear friends,

Localization support works very well under OS X, but apparently $LANG
isn't automatically set on all systems. On my system for instance,
LANG=fr, but I have at least one other user who claims that $LANG is
unset. (BTW if anyone know when and why $LANG is set...)

We may have this problem on other OSes as well (Win32 ?), so we need
to find a solution. I thought of a --lang configuration variable, but
apparently many strings are loaded before the configuration is
parsed, so the application would be half-translated.

Any suggestion ?

--
Christophe Massiot.