PIC/non-PIC issue

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Feb 6 09:13:47 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 Sam Wrote:
> * ./configure.in: put liba52_adec in a builtin for PIC/non-PIC
> reasons.

I suppose this PIC/non-PIC issue comes from linking a static lib (liba52.a) with our plugin ?

I kinda liked to have it a plugin instead of a builtin because if you link the plugin against the liba52.so dll but this dll isn't present on the end-user system then only the plugin will fail to load, not the whole application.

Would it be possible to add a check in configure.in to detect if the system has the liba52.so dll installed and if so compile liba52_adec as a plugin ?

--
gildas