New release ?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Feb 19 21:28:14 CET 2002

On Monday 18 February 2002 23:59, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> It's been a long time since the last release, and many features have
> been added to the current CVS. Since critical bugs and portability
> issues are (or are about to be) fixed, I think we could plan a new
> release within the next month.

A release would indeed be welcome.
What is the state of vlc right now? I mean what needs to be fixed before a
release and what is currently worked on?
Could we make a little todo list for the release?

I will begin with what I'm working on:

- complete rewrite of the configuration module (which was almost inexistant
anyway ;-). It will make plugins specific configuration a breeze and will
finally implement a config file :) (will hopefully be ready in about 2 weeks)

- a couple of bugs needs to be fixed on the win32 port (I will update the
BUGS file)

- directx plugin needs a little bit of performance tuning.

- it would also be nice to have a little bit of testing on the win32 port
before doing a release. The problem is that nobody wants to bother compiling
the win32 port so it gets only tested after the release.

Cheers,

--
Gildas