Clarifications on the new configuration architecture.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Feb 25 23:03:48 CET 2002

On Monday 25 February 2002 22:51, Stéphane Borel wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 09:20:09PM +0100, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> > I hope I didn't confuse people more with my explanations ;-)
> > If I think of anything else I will repost a mail.
>
> If I understand well, I should reverse my commit, shouldn't I ?

Well, it depends... there are 3 solutions:

- either we decide to allow duplicate config names and in this case you don't
have to revert anything but we have to modify the vcd plugin to also add the
title and chapter options as it also depends on it. ( if we decide to allow
duplicate config names I would like this to be used only on rare occasions ).

- either we leave the options in main considering they are generic enough,
and in this case you can revert your patch.

- either we duplicate the options for each plugin: dvd_title, ...,
dvdread_title, ...., vcd_title, ....

I don't really know what's best... any input on this ?

By the way, you don't have to touch the ac3_spdif modif, this one is fine :)

Cheers,

--
Gildas