Clarifications on the new configuration architecture.

Stéphane Borel stef at via.ecp.fr
Mon Feb 25 23:28:57 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:03:48PM +0100, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> - either we decide to allow duplicate config names and in this case you don't
> have to revert anything but we have to modify the vcd plugin to also add the
> title and chapter options as it also depends on it. ( if we decide to allow
> duplicate config names I would like this to be used only on rare occasions ).

I don't think this is worth the trouble.

> - either we leave the options in main considering they are generic enough,
> and in this case you can revert your patch.

What bothers me here is that title is a plugin name for a more
general vlc structure area, and I'd better limit its usage to the
plugin.

> - either we duplicate the options for each plugin: dvd_title, ...,
> dvdread_title, ...., vcd_title, ....

I like this one ; I actually hesitated with it :p Maybe we should do
that.

> By the way, you don't have to touch the ac3_spdif modif, this one is fine :)

Cool, I've done something fine in my day :).

--
Stef