CVS Commit: vlc

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Jan 2 08:04:45 CET 2002

I noticed that fullscreen can be implemented in two ways but each one has a
drawback.

- if we use the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property then a fullscreen window is just a
normal window but without any borders. Which means things like the KDE
taskbar will always show over the video. In short we don't really end-up
being fullscreen.
The good thing is that we can show the vlc interface with the "toggle
interface" button, and we can also switch the focus to another application.

- if we override the window manager, then we end-up with a real fullscreen
(the taskbar doesn't show anymore) but we cannot show the vlc interface on
top of the video anymore, neither can we switch the focus to another app.
(nothing can be shown on top except transient windows like popup menus ...)

My question is: which behaviour do you prefer ? (currently the 1st one is
implemented)

--
Gildas