CVS Commit: vlc

Hamish Marson hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Wed Jan 2 12:04:56 CET 2002

Gildas Bazin wrote:

> I noticed that fullscreen can be implemented in two ways but each one has a
> drawback.
>
> - if we use the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property then a fullscreen window is just a
> normal window but without any borders. Which means things like the KDE
> taskbar will always show over the video. In short we don't really end-up
> being fullscreen.
> The good thing is that we can show the vlc interface with the "toggle
> interface" button, and we can also switch the focus to another application.
>
> - if we override the window manager, then we end-up with a real fullscreen
> (the taskbar doesn't show anymore) but we cannot show the vlc interface on
> top of the video anymore, neither can we switch the focus to another app.
> (nothing can be shown on top except transient windows like popup menus ...)
>
> My question is: which behaviour do you prefer ? (currently the 1st one is
> implemented)

Why not do both?

To alleiveate (sp?) the disadvantages of real full screen not having an
interface, some kind person with time on their hands (i.e. not me... Having on
time that is, not being kind... Not that I've ever been acused of being kind
:) could do a special one that draws directly into the screen itself...
Maybe...

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |