VLC project organization

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jul 8 03:12:17 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Comments ?

I think you're pointing out a difficult problem. My view on this is
that we lack disciplin : only few developpers update the changelog,
even fewer the Todo list. None or almost none actually update the user
documentation.

Having one person in charge of this seems to me unappropriate as this
person would have to know what's going on, read every commit (what,
everybody's not doing it already ? :-) ...

The FAQ-maintener, or maybe FAQ-before-you-commit, is in my opinion a
good idea if every developper reads it carefully and applies it.

If we decide this, every one who forgets the rulez shall be flamed in
public and pay a beer to the one that finds it out.

my 2cents
--
henri