Windows question

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jul 8 16:04:55 CEST 2002

On Sunday 07 July 2002 19:49, Pablo Fernández wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to know how you achieved vlc to compile for Windows using GTK+. I
> noticed you deliver libglib.dll, libgtk.dll, etc... how do you build in
> the Windows enviroment?
> Thanks,
> Pablo (Developer of Cronos II, a GNOME mail client)

Hi Pablo,

We use developpement libraries available on the offical web site for the GTK
win32 port: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/
It should also be noted that this GTK plugin is build using the MINGW
compiler (either native or cross-compiler), and we've never tried to
compile this plugin with MSVC although this should be doable.

Regards,

--
Gildas

PS: the build environnement you need to compile VLC for win32 is described
in the INSTALL.win32 file (available through CVSWEB on videolan.org)