menu support feedback

Stéphane Borel stef at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jul 29 10:13:16 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 11:24:20AM +0200, Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> As I don't know if it is known, it seems that launching vlc with sound
> activated always lead to a segfault when dvd menu support is enabled.

Strange, I haven't experienced this problem. Could you tell us which
output you're trying to use ? Does it happen with different DVDs or only
one of them ?

> There are other weird things when displaying menu such as palette
> installation problem, sound reactivation when playing main track
> segfaults too.

The palette issue is due to spudec which is activated by default in
menus. I haven't found out the exact source of the problem though (maybe
empty palette in menus?). I'll be investigating this.

> Although I think we are on the right way :)

There is much left to do yet ...

> When launching like this : vlc dvd: always lead to a segfault. I will
> try to see why it segfaults later.

Have you tried erasing your preference file ?

> Cheers,

Thanks for the help,

--
Stef