VLC and GCC 3.1

Xavier MAILLARD zedek at fxgsproject.org
Tue Jun 4 17:48:26 CEST 2002

Hi again,

I tried to compile the vlc project using gcc 3.1 version. All seems to
compile the rigth way. Maybe it has been done before but as I didn't
know I did it by myself on my woody box.

So my question is : will gcc 3.1 be the default compiler for future
release or not ? I know this is not a very important thing to know but
it's interest me so ...

Performance setting all the optimizations options are about 2-4% better
than with the old GCC 2.95.x

Voila

Sorry to all of you people who are fed up with my posts but I am more
and more implicating myself in the project even if I can't commit my
changes into the CVS for now (it's annoying so I'd rather send the whole
package when all would be done because I don't want to send multiple
mails containing my work).

Although if a good spirit could gimme a write access to the CVS, it
would be great. i promise I wouldn't break it :)

Cheers,

zeDek