VLC Win32 binary is infected with Troj/Momma-B virus

Sam Hart hart at physics.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 6 16:15:08 CEST 2002

I've been a long time user of the Linux VLC, but I just downloaded the
Win32 client to try it out on a machine here at my work, and I discovered
tha the Win32 VLC binary installation package (current release:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.4.1/win32/vlc-0.4.1-win32.exe )
is infected with the Troj/Momma-B Trojan type Win32 virus.

More information on this virus is available at following places:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojmommab.html
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=98936

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... and I'm not sure if it's been
reported before... but felt you guys should know ;-)

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart at physics.arizona.edu>